Residential Lettings & Management is, headed up by Director Avril Large and Mr Michael Hughes who have earned a well deserved reputation for providing a thorough, reliable and professional service. Our selection of properties ‘To Let’ is unrivalled and covers the North Wales coast from Holywell to Penmaenmawr and inland to Denbigh, Llanrwst and Betws y Coed. Our group of 4 offices take prime locations in Prestatyn, Rhyl, Abergele and Llandudno. This coverage of the market place provides unique exposure, greatly benefiting landlords and tenants alike. We recognise that each client’s requirements can be different and therefore can provide whatever service you require but most Landlords look for either…
We’ll do everything up to the point your tenant moves in… referencing, tenancy agreement, collection of deposit and first months rent and the inventory. Thereafter you manage your property yourself.
We’ll do the lot! Move your tenant in, inspect periodically and report to you, deal with all minor repairs and maintenance, administer the rent, serve notice if you require your property back, provide a full check out report deal with any dilapidations and arrange the deposit return. When it comes to marketing your property our software and internal links provides a ‘one stop shop’ for all applicants. Matching of properties and tenants is immediate, they receive a text or call from us telling them about your property. Properties are also promoted via our web site and the major property portals such as Rightmove, Homesale Network and Property Live. Our Home Rental Guides, which list all available properties, are distributed throughout our offices and we advertise in all local papers and larger provincials such as The North Wales Weekly News, Chester Chroncile and Liverpool Daily Post.
Click on the link to see a our services and scale of fees in more detail. Landlord fees landscape template
We’ll advise you on all aspects including tenant’s deposit scheme, unfair terms in contracts, mortgage, insurance and safety issues such as gas, electricity and fire regulations.
We can also organise safety inspections and certificates concerning gas, electricity and furniture if needed.
Specialist Landlord and Tenant insurance
If you are renting out your property it is vital that you are adequately protected. We’ve teamed up with Van Mildert, a well known provider of landlords’ and tenants’ insurance to ensure you get the best. We can advise on what you need such as buildings and contents and also on rent guarantee and legal fees.
Rent Smart Wales
We are a Licensed local agent and all of our Lettings staff are Rent Smart Wales trained.
All private landlords who have rental properties in Wales must register themselves and their addresses of their rental properties in Wales. There is a fee of £33.50 to register online and further costs to submit a paper application.
Landlords who undertake defined letting or property management activities at a rental property in Wales must apply for a license. If your property is managed through Peter Large Lettings, we are your licenced agent and you will not need to be licenced unless you undertake defined activities as listed below;
- Arranging or conducting viewings with prospective tenants;
- Gathering evidence for the purpose of establishing the suitability of prospective tenants (for example, by confirming character references, undertaking credit checks or interviewing a prospective tenant);
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of a tenancy agreement;
- Preparing, or arranging the preparation, of an inventory for the dwelling or schedule of condition for the dwelling.
- Collecting rent;
- Being the principal point of contact for the tenant in relation to matters arising under the tenancy;
- Making arrangements with a person to carry out repairs or maintenance;
- Making arrangements with a tenant or occupier of the dwelling to secure access to the dwelling for any purpose;
- Checking the contents or condition of the dwelling, or arranging for them to be checked as part of a current tenancy or for one which has ended;
- Serving notice to terminate a tenancy.
You can register by clicking here; Rent Smart Wales
For more information please contact us on Rhyl 01745 336699 or Llandudno 01492 210027.